3 and ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of canola oil
1 and ½ teaspoons of honey
1/3 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
- In a bowl mix the flour and baking powder together, then add in the oil and mix it well. Then add 1 cup of water (at normal temperature), the honey, and the spinach and work it into a soft dough (this can be easily done with a fork or spoon). Once it has mixed well turn the dough out over onto a floured surface and knead with your hands.
- Allow the dough to sit for around 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break the dough into two and divide those two pieces into halves and continue to do so until you get around 14 to 16 pieces. Then roll the pieces of dough into round shapes and brush them with milk and dust them with flour.
- Place the spinach bites on a slightly greased and floured baking sheet and press them onto the sheet slightly. Put them in the oven andbake for 20 minutes or until they are light golden.
- Once done, allow them to cool to normal temperature before serving out.
Store them in an airtight container for no more than 4 days, or wrap them well in freezer wrap and store them in the freezer for up to 60 days.